Complete form and mail with $5 Processing fee for each registrant / patch. Please fill out and mail with a self addressed envelope for patch delivery, and a check payable to the Town of Newcomb. Mail to:
The Town of Newcomb
The Town of Newcomb
Attention: Experience Newcomb Patch
5639 State Rt. 28N
PO Box 405,
Newcomb, NY 12852
- Complete 6 out of 13 activities:
- Walk to Woodruff Pond, located behind Newcomb Central School. Park in school lot, and walk toward the trees, bearing left to an obvious trail indicating Woodruff Pond, approx. 1 mile round trip
- Walk to Santanoni Farm, approx. 2 miles round trip
- Hike to Octopus Tree on Goodnow Mountain, approx. 1.6 miles round trip
- AIC Sucker Brook Trail approx. 1 Mile round trip
- Walk to Lake Henderson, approx. .25 mile round trip
- Walk through Village of Adirondac and Blast Furnace
- Walk Campsite Trail, approx. 3 miles round trip
- Blue Ledges on the Hudson, approx. 5 miles round trip
- Essex Chain Road, North to the Hudson River
- Kayak/Canoe to Campsite Bridge from the Rt. 28N Bridge
- Kayak/Canoe to Ann’s Island from Rt. 28N Bridge
- Hike or Snowshoe Upper Works River Trail
- Hike, Snowshoe, or Ski Goodnow Mountain 4.5 miles round trip
- Must complete one bike and one paddle activity and two hiking activities:
- Hike, Snowshoe or Ski 2 of the 3 Fire towers, Goodnow Mt., Mt. Adams, and Vanderwacker Mt.
- Hike, Bike, Snowshoe, or Ski to Great Camp Santanoni (Newcomb Lake)
- Kayak/Canoe from Rich Lake to Rt. 28N Bridge, (included 1 portage, 3 rapids, approximately 5 miles)
- Kayak/Canoe Second through Seventh Lake in Essex Chain Complex from Deer Pond Parking Area.
- Kayak/Canoe Lake Henderson
- Paddle Fishing Brook from Rich Lake to Stone Bridge
- Bike, Ski or Snowshoe to Cedar River from Deer Pond Parking Area
- Hike, Snowshoe, or Ski to Moose Pond, 14 miles round trip
- Must complete all three components:
- Hike, Snowshoe, or Ski all 3 Fire towers, Goodnow Mt., Mt. Adams, and Vanderwacker Mt. in one day.
- Bike the entire road system in the Essex Chain Lakes Complex in one day.
- Paddle the perimeter of Deer Pond, Second through Seventh Lake, First Lake and Grassy in one day.
- Complete one component:
- Overnight camping trip at the AED campsite on Essex Chain Complex. For more information on how to obtain a CP3 Pass available go to NYSDEC site: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/2574.html
- A horse drawn wagon trip into the Santanoni Great Camp and access to Newcomb Lake: http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/53095.html
- The wagon may be reserved to travel the Newcomb Lake Road Trail between the Gate Lodge Complex and the Main Complex. Qualified persons with disabilities can ride for free. This service is provided by Newcombe Farm 518-480-1743 through a contract with DEC. Others can ride for a fee.
- Visit the MacIntyre Blast Furnace in the Upper Works, and picnic at the Town Beach on Lake Harris.