WinterFest in the Heart of the Park features all the winter outdoor activities Newcomb has to offer: Snowmobile rides, ice fishing demonstrations, Hok Skiing demos, Fat Bike demos, Dog Sled rides 11am-2pm, cross country skiing in the Santanoni Preserve, snowshoeing trails at the Adirondack Interpretive Center and the High Peaks Golf Course, fat biking demo, downhill skiing at the ski tow, ice skating, sledding, hot chocolate, family fun packed activities including a bonfire by the lake. A Dinner offered by the Methodist Women also at the Firehall 4:30-6:30pm and the Lightning Rods at 7-10pm at Newcomb Central School with live square dance music. Bring your family, dance, bring a chocolate treat to share January 14th in Newcomb, NY. Stay tuned… more info to follow…
- Camp Santanoni Winter Weekend AARCH tour – 10am-4pm Open House, tours, snowshoe and cross-country ski at the Preserve
- Adirondack Interpretive Center – 10am-4pm Art Show in the Center, Winter Tracking with Peter O’Shea at 1pm, Trails open for snowshoeing and possibly even a snowman building contest.
- Dog Sled rides offered at Lake Harris, by the bonfire… 11am-2pm
- Tubing & Sledding at Ski Slope 11am-12noon
- Chili, cornbread and Hot Dogs at the Firehall 11am-2pm
- Food & Drink at the Newcomb House all day
- Ice Skating across from Emergency Squad 11am-4pm
- Downhill Ski & Snowboard at the Ski Slope 12noon-3pm
- Ice Fishing, Fat Biking and Hok Ski Demos at Lake Harris 12noon-2pm
- Snowmobile Rides at Lake Harris 2pm-4pm
- Bonfire at Lake Harris 11am-4pm
- Spaghetti Dinner at the Newcomb Fire Hall 4:30-6:30pm
- Live music by the Lightning Rods and Square Dancing at the Newcomb Central School Gym 7-10pm with live music, chocolate and sock feet for gym floor.
It’s gonna be a great day all day long… so mark your calendars and come on out to Newcomb NY. We’ll have plenty of Hot Chocolate and lots of activities all throughout town all day finishing up with the Square Dance at school.