Article I. Name
The name of this association shall be the Newcomb Chamber of Commerce.
Article II. Object
The object of the Chamber shall be to promote the business, industrial, agricultural, economic, civic, cultural, educational and recreational welfare of the people of the Town of Newcomb.
Whereas, the town of Newcomb, hereinafter designated or referred to as the “Town”, will create desired publicity, advertising and representation for the purposes of attracting tourists, businesses, and industries to this area.
Whereas, Newcomb Chamber of Commerce holds itself out as a suitable agency for the preparation and dissemination of said advertising and to represent Town in such matters as will attract tourists, businesses, and industries to the area, it is agreed as follows:
That the Chamber hereby agrees to provide participation for the Town in newspaper and magazine advertising, brochures, folders, public relations, publicity releases and such other media as will most fully and effectively provide the degree of publicity and representation desired.
Article III. Membership
1. Anyone who has a business in the Town of Newcomb, any seasonal business benefitting the Town, any organization based in the Town of Newcomb, any taxpayer (on the warrant) in the Town of Newcomb, anyone registered to vote in the Town of Newcomb and any renter (for at least six (6) months) in the Town of Newcomb is eligible to join the Chamber of Commerce. Any business or organization that cannot meet the Newcomb business residency requirements may join the Newcomb Chamber of Commerce if the nature of their business is not in direct competition with an existing business based in the Town of Newcomb.
2. Voting and Dues:
a. Business: dues $45.00 per year, entitled to two votes.
b. Organizations and Associations: dues $45.00 per year, entitled to two votes.
c. Individual members: dues $10.00 per year, entitled to one vote.
3. Dues are to be paid prior to the annual November meeting in order to continue membership and to vote. If the dues are not paid, membership will be considered expired. Election of officers will occur at the annual meeting.
Article IV. Government
1. The Governing Officers of the Newcomb Chamber of Commerce shall consist of elected positions of one or more of the following: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Financial Secretary (if needed) and Secretary who are members in good standing and shall be termed the Executive Board. The Board of Directors shall consist of five (5) members in good standing.
2. The Executive Board shall be elected on even years and serve two (2) year terms. The Board of Directors (5) shall be elected on odd years and serve two (2) year terms.
3. Upon charges of inefficiency or failure to attend to the duties of an office, these charges being substantiated before a special meeting called for that purpose, any officer may be removed by a vote of the members present at that meeting. A quorum of seven (7) is required of the governing officers.
4. The governing officers may appoint an interim position to complete the remaining term of any officer who is unable to complete their term of office, resigns from that position or will be absent from that position for a significant amount of time. A quorum of seven (7) will be required.
5. Any member of the governing board that cannot attend a regular meeting may appoint another member of the board to fill in their position for that meeting.
Article I. Committees
1. The President shall make appointments of standing committees. Special committees may be appointed from time to time as circumstance may require.
Article II. Meetings
1. The annual meeting of the Chamber shall be held on the 3rd Tuesday of November each year.
a. Email/written/telephone notice of the annual meeting shall be sent to all members at least ten (10) days prior to the date of the meeting. This notice shall include the slate of officers.
2. Regular monthly meetings are to be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
3. Special meetings can be called at any time by the President or in his/her absence, the Vice President.
a. At all Regular and Special meetings five (5) members including two (2) Officers will constitute a quorum.
Article III. Property and Funds
1. The Executive Board shall perform any and all duties imposed upon them by the Newcomb Chamber of Commerce including audit of books at end of fiscal year.
2. All funds shall be deposited in the local bank, to be withdrawn upon the draft of the Treasurer and countersigned by the Financial Secretary or President for all checks over $200.ºº If the check to be withdrawn is under $200ºº , the signature of either the Financial Secretary or the Treasurer is acceptable. All expenditures over $200 will be discussed and voted upon by the majority attending the regular meetings.
3. The fiscal year shall end on December 31st each year and begin January 1st.
Article IV. Amendments
1. The Constitution and By-Laws may be revised or amended in the following manner:
a. The proposed amendment shall be read and discussed at a regular meeting of the Chamber and shall be voted upon at the next regular meeting. Ballots will be sent to all members in good standing.
b. An affirmative vote of 2/3 of the members in good standing present and absentee ballots received on or before the date of the meeting by those in good standing shall be required for adoption.
c. The above will be clearly stated in minutes and agenda so as to enable absentee votes.